Who We Are...
Mid-South Lions Sight and Hearing Service is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Our administrative offices are in Memphis, Tennessee, however the reach of our service extends to Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Missouri. Mid-South has even treated patients from several other states and many foreign countries.
Our federal tax identification number is 62-0632682. All qualifying contributions are tax deductible.
The mission of Mid-South Lions Sight and Hearing Service is to positively enhance the lives of the indigent sight or hearing impaired by providing light, sound, and hope through partnerships between Lions Clubs, medical professionals and facilities throughout the Mid-South.
Since 1942, Mid-South Lions Sight and Hearing Service has been restoring quality and independence to the lives of men, women, and children affected by preventable sight and hearing loss through a compassionate and comprehensive approach to opening avenues to costly medical care and assistance. Over 35,000 people have received the precious gifts of sight or hearing through our program. Many of these people do not have any alternative for receiving care.
There are many factors that combine to make our efforts possible, but the most important people and elements that enable us to complete our mission each day are:
- Support and Donations from Lions Clubs, Individuals, Businesses, Foundations, & Corporations
- Donated time and service from Doctors, Medical Professionals, and Facilities
- The continued support of Lions Clubs International and Lions Clubs International Foundation
- Countless hours worked by dedicated Volunteers
- A dedicated and professional office staff to keep everything organized and running smoothly